Here are 10 facts about him...
1) Giroud is a proven winner - this year he won the French title with unfancied Montpellier. That confidence and mentality will surely stand him in good stead for life in the Premier League
2) He is a 25-year-old striker who wears the number nine shirt - a number currently worn at Arsenal by Korean flop Park Chu-Young.
3) Last season he scored 21 goals in 36 league games, a figure which would have made him Arsenal's second top scorer last season.
4) He made his international debut for France this season too back in November, and scored the winner in a friendly against Germany in February.
5) Giroud has only spent two seasons with Montpellier, previously playing for lower league French sides, Tours, Istres, and Grenoble.
6) His goal tally this season was his best ever in the top flight, a year earlier he scored 14 for Montpellier, and but in Ligue Two he struck 24 for Tours in 2009-10.
7) At Euro 2012 so far he is a stand-in for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, playing 14 minutes against Ukraine in France's 2-0 win.
8) He was the top scorer in the Ligue One last season. PSG's Nene finished level on 21 goals but the footballer's association awarded the prize to Giroud because more had come in open play.
9) Montpellier president Louis Nicollin stated that he valued Giroud at 50 million Euros back in March. Luckily for Arsenal he has a release clause in his contract of 12.8 million, allowing them to snap him up for a bargain price.
10) Former Yugoslav international, Mehmed Bazdarevic will be eating humble pie. As a player he won 54 caps for Yugoslavia and 11 for Bosnia, and was Giroud's coach at Grenoble. The pair fell out and he said Giroud 'does not have the capability to play at the elite level'. If he hasn't proved him wrong already his move to Arsenal will allow him to.
Watch this video of Giroud in action...
Are you pleased with the prospective signing?