After recently highlighting the prospects of one of the Premier Leagues top sides Spanish starlets I thought there was also a chance to highlight the chances of another teenage Spanish sensation in the form of Manchester City’s 18 year old attacking midfield player Denis Suarez.
1. After starting his youth career at local side Celta Vigo making a handful of appearances for their B team Suarez rejected offers from Barcelona and Premiership rivals Manchester United and Chelsea to sign for Manchester City in may 2011.
2. Suarez has been a regular amongst the impressive Spanish youth setups since Under-17 level and was one of the potential Spanish stars of the future who shone at this summer’s European Under-19 championship triumph in Estonia scoring one goal against the hosts in the group stages.
3. Made his Manchester City debut in a League Cup victory over Wolves earlier in the year replacing Frenchman Samir Nasri in the 67th minute.
4. Has been compared to current Manchester City star and fellow Spaniard David Silva due to their similar styles of play.
5. Last season was voted Manchester City’s youth team player of the season as voted for by the fans and after all his success has been linked with a loan move to Feyenoord or elsewhere to gain serious first team action ahead of a bright and promising future at Eastland’s.
Here is a video of Suarez’s goal at the Under-19 Championships this season, where he played with Liverpool starlet Suso on their way to winning the tournament in Estonia.
What are your hopes for Denis this season?
image: © alfonso jimenez