Wigan have finally accepted a £9 million offer for Victor Moses from Chelsea. The winger impressed against Chelsea at the DW on Saturday and has been targeted by the Blues for over a month now. Wigan confirmed the news on their official website, adding it is the fifth bid they have received from Chelsea and it has now met their valuation. Moses now has permission to speak with the club and agree personal terms and could be a Chelsea player by the weekend.
The Sun reported how the Blues rejected an offer from Manchester City for Brazilian centre-back, David Luiz. Roberto Mancini is looking for cover for Micah Richards after he was ruled out for 10 weeks but Chelsea are obviously keen to hang on to their man, who was an instant hit with the fans after arriving in January 2011.
These reports have been denied according to Sky Sports Sources. Man City are in the hunt for a new defender to act as back-up to captain Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott but rumours linking Luiz with a move to the Etihad are said to be well of the mark.
There was extra confusion when it emerged Luiz is off to Barcelona tonight- As a guest of sponsor Nike to watch El Clasico, rather than anything transfer related, but he was linked with the Catalans earlier this summer.
Luiz is in trouble with manager Roberto di Matteo for revealing details of his injury on Twitter ahead of last night's match with Reading, against club policy, and could even cop a fine from the club.
Chelsea's pursuit of Cesar Azipilicueta has taken another turn, with it now reported that Marseille have rejected the club's latest offer for the right-back. He has been omitted from the French side's Europa Cup tie tonight.
An interesting debate can be seen on Ghana Web: should Michael Essien leave Chelsea? The Ghanaian was once the rock of the midfield at Stamford Bridge but is rapidly falling down the pecking order. How do the Chelsea fans feel about their midfielder?
Last night, the Blues went top of the Premier League for the first time since November 2010 after a hard-fought victory over newly-promoted Reading. Chelsea beat the Royals 4-2 in a pulsating encounter and the club's official website has the match report.
Gary Cahill scored his side's equaliser last night and he has spoken to the London Evening Standard about fellow goal-scorer against Reading, Fernando Torres. The former Bolton Wanderers defender has said how he believes Torress will relish being Chelsea's main-man up-front this season. After the departure of Didier Drogba in the summer, Blues fans are definitely in need of a new hero so maybe the Spaniard's time is now.
And finally, Here is the City posted the Twitter reaction to another Eden Hazard master-class and then discusses seven Chelsea players who could leave Stamford Bridge before the transfer deadline. Di Davidson-Amadi also gives his views on why despite the victories, Chelsea are yet to impress him.
image: © Ben Sutherland