In the wake of the latest financial reports which detail the club's pre-tax profits falling due to failure to progress in the Champions League last season, the good news was that their commercial revenue is up.
This is in no small thanks to groundbreaking deals struck with DHL to sponsor their training kit, and the agreed deal with Chevrolet to sponsor their shirts from the 2014-15 season.
But what about the sponsorship deals you may not know about, United have plenty, and here is a look at 10 of them.
1) Epson - Official Office Equipment Sponsor of Manchester United.
2) Mister Potato - Official Snack Partner of Manchester United
3) Singha - Official Beer of Manchester United
4) A.P. Honda - Official Motorcycle Partner of Manchester United in Thailand
5) Zong - Official Telecoms Partner of Manchester United in Pakistan
6) Smirnoff - Official Responsible Drinking Partner of Manchester United
7) Hublot - Official Timekeeper of Manchester United
8) Casillero Del Diablo - Official Wine Partner of Manchester United
9) Thomas Cook - Official Travel Partner of Manchester United
10) Mamee - Official Noodles Partner of Manchester United in Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East
Are United's sponsorships an ingenious way of drawing money, and will Old Trafford one way be renamed to make extra cash?
image: © Alistair Israel