What do you need to know about him?
2) Like his father, Thomas Ince plays in midfield, but the difference is, he is a winger. He operates on the left, but can also play on the right or through the centre.
3) Ince began his career with Liverpool, signing on with their academy in 2008. He made his debut as an extra-time substitute in an infamous League Cup loss to Northampton in 2010.
4) His first appearance was on Match of the Day as a youngster, when he was seen kicking the ball around in the tunnel ahead of a game his dad was set to play at Old Trafford.
5) He says his prized possession is his dad's blood stained shirt he wore against Italy in a World Cup qualifier in 1997. It is framed on his wall at home as a reminder of 'what it means to play for England.'
6) Ince even played under his dad in late 2010, when loaned out by Liverpool to Notts County, where his father was managing at the time.
7) He quit Liverpool last summer, when Kenny Dalglish spent big money to sign Stewart Downing rather than give him an opportunity. He didn't cost a transfer fee as his contract had run out, but Blackpool did have to pay a small sum for his services under the orders of a tribunal because he was under 24.
8) Now 20, and in his second season at Blackpool, his career is going from strength to strength. This season he has scored six goals in eight Championships matches, and also provided six assists.
9) Manager Ian Holloway is thrilled with his progress, and has claimed Ince is better than both Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. That's one way to hype up his transfer fee!
10) He is an England youth international, and earned his first under-21 call-up in September, when he featured in the 2-0 win over Azerbaijan. Holloway has even claimed he is worth a place in the senior squad now.
Watch him in action below...
image: © joncandy