What can we tell you about him?
Here are five facts...
1) Akpom this week turned 17, the earliest age Arsenal could sign him on a professional contract. On Monday night he scored for the club's under-21 side, in a win over Reading which also featured Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong and Bacary Sagna.
2) He was born in Newham, East London, on October 9 1995. A day later an Ian Wright striker helped Arsenal beat Manchester City 1-0 at Maine Road, with Dennis Bergkamp providing the assist. Current number two Steve Bould played in central defence that day.
3) Akpom has been featuring for the Gunner's NextGen Series side this year, scoring twice in three games. He broke into Arsenal's under-18 side at just 15.
4) He has a superb record for England's youth teams, scoring three goals in three games for the under-19s, and five in 13 for the under-17s.
5) He has been singled out by Andy Cole as England's next best striking hope, even rating him above his own son Devante, who is at Manchester City.
Of course he is on Twitter too - You can follow him at @chuba10
You can watch him score a penalty in a pre-season game below...
How good can Akpom become?
image: © Ronnie Macdonald