Tottenham have been linked with German youngster Patrick Herrmann in the past 48 hours. Who is he and what can we tell you about him?
Here are 10 facts...
1. He started his career as a youth team player with FC Uchtelfangen in the region of Saarland, Germany.
2. At the age of 13 he moved to hometown club 1.FC Saarbrücken who launched the career of former Everton striker Joe-Max Moore, Felix Magath and Tony Yeboah.
3. In 2008 he signed for Borussia Mönchengladbach at the age of 17 and initially featured for their reserve side in the German lower leagues.
4. In 2010 he made his debut for The Foals instantly making an impact with an assist for Fabian Backer in a 2-1 loss to VfL Bochum.
5. He has since cemented his place as a regular member of the first team.
6. He has received more acclaim since Marco Reus moved to Borussia Dortmund, as he has been given more responsibility in the side.
7. His contract only runs until the summer of 2014, which has alerted the interest of Spurs.
8. Tottenham are not alone in pursuing the 21-year-old as Inter Milan are also currently scouting the prodigious talent.
9. He has represented Germany’s youth teams since the age of 15 including six appearances for the under-21s and one goal, but as yet he has not appeared for the first team.
10. At an apparent price of £7.5million pound, a move for the creative midfielder seems a good deal.
Here he is in action to one of those techno-pop medlee creations …
image: © apasciuto