1. Bruno Gomes de Oliveira Conceicao was born on the 19th of July 1996.
2. Bruno Gomes was originally at Brazilian powerhouses Palmeiras before he decided to leave their chaotic youth system for Desportivo.
3. Desportivo Brasil are a club that fields under-20 players in order for them to progress in a strong environment where among learning various football techniques and undergoing a more rigorous training regime they also learn English and go on exchange visits to clubs.
4. Other European clubs linked with the team include Estoril, Brann and FC Twente.
5. He has regularly visited United’s Carrington training ground along with several other Desportivo talents.
7. Bruno was one of the top scorers at this year’s Milk Cup. He scored five goals in six appearances as Desportivo won the Premier Cup section of the competition.
8. He is currently the top goalscorer in the under-17 Sao Paulo state championships.
9. He has yet to represent Brazil at a national level, largely due to a lack of support in a side that essentially grooms talent to play abroad from the Brazilian FA.
10. Despite a deal being all but tied down United will have to wait until his official signing. Due to Brazilian law he will not be allowed to officially become a United employee until he is 18-years-old.
Here is a video of the striker who claims he wants to be ‘the best in the world’ in action.
What are your thoughts on the deal and the link with Desportivo Brasil?
image: © Ronnie Macdonald