The name Stoppila Sunzu should be familiar to most football fans, even if they can't quite place it. For Gervinho, he is a name which will haunt him as he will remind him of the worst day of his football career.
The defender claimed last night he was on the verge of a sensational switch to Arsenal, even speaking personally with Arsene Wenger.
He said: "I will be travelling to England to sign a deal with Arsenal after the friendly game against Tanzania. I spoke to both Mr Katumbi (his current club manager) and Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger who assured me that I would not be going to London for trials but to discuss personal terms and possibly sign a contract."
Sunzu may not be the blockbuster name Arsenal fans had in mind for their next signing, but he does have pedigree.
Here are five facts about him...
1) Sunzu is a Zambian international centre-back. He has 34 caps and is only 23-years-old.
2) The finest moment of his career came in last season's African Nations Cup. He scored the winning penalty in an 8-7 Final shootout against Ivory Coast earlier this year, with Arsenal's Gervinho on the losing side, missing a penalty for his country.
3) Four years ago he was invited for a trial with Reading, but the move collapsed due to work permit issues, which would likely not arise now due to the fact he is an international regular.
4) He currently plays for Congo based TP Mazembe, who recently won the national title in the central African country.
5) Sunzu holds a rare claim to fame. In the last two years he has won both the African Nations Cup (2012) and the African Champions League (2010).
Relive the thrilling shootout below...
What do you think of the reports? Is he a player Arsenal need?
image: © lodekka