Martin O’Neill has snapped up midfield destroyer Alfred N’Diaye for a fee in the region of £3 million. The powerful Frenchman has been brought in for extra cover as his side continues to suffer irritating injury setbacks, such as the recent one to captain Lee Cattermole.
The 22-year-old has been a team-mate of former England international Scott Carson for the past 18 months in Turkey and is now looking forward to testing himself at a much higher level.
So what can we tell you about this talented individual who will soon be gracing the green grass at the Stadium of Light?
1. Alfred James Martin N’Diaye was born on the 6th March 1990 in Paris, France.
2. He started his footballing education at amateur side US Vandoeuvre at the age of ten. He remained at the club until he was 14.
3. At age 14 N’Diaye made the move to AS Nancy where he initially struggled with the step up in class at quite a late age.
4. However he progressed through the youth system and signed his first professional contract in 2006.
5. His debut came in the 2007-08 season in a Coupe de la Ligue tie with RC Lens. Aged just 17 he could not help his side from losing 3-0.
6. He went on to become a regular for the side in the 2008/09 season until his departure in July 2011.
7. He agreed a move to Turkish outfit Bursaspor where he featured heavily in their campaign last season.
8. So far this season he had featured 14 times for the club scoring one goal.
9. Despite being predominantly a ball-winning midfielder the powerhouse can also play in the heart of the defence.
10. He has represented France at numerous youth team levels including seven times at under-21 pedigree. He is however also eligible to play for Senegal through his heritage.
At £3 million it could be a fantastic bargain to have such a young and talented individual at the club and Sunderland fans will surely be looking forward to seeing him in action.
Do you think N’Diaye can cut it in the Premier League?
image: © vagueonthehow