Here are ten of my personal favourites….
10) Reporter: “Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?”
Strachan: “Not telling you! It's a secret.”
9) Gary Lineker: “So Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you play?”
Strachan: “If I was English I'd top myself!”
8) Reporter: “So Gordon, any changes then?”
Strachan: “No, still 5ft 6, ginger and a big nose!”
7) Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"
6) Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
5) Reporter: "What is your impression of Jermaine Pennant?"
Strachan: "I don't do impressions."
4) Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
Strachan: "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"
3) Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."
2) Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there.”
1) Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).
image: © Ronnie Macdonald