Remember the name, although it’s difficult to forget, Ricky van Wolfswinkel because he could be the latest attacking sensation to grace Newcastle United, a club that has started to bubble with activity this January transfer window.
Here are some facts about the Sporting Lisbon front man.
1) Van Wolfswinkel is 23-years-old and is six feet and an inch tall, perfect for if Newcastle want to launch the ball long to him.
2) He’s played for three clubs during his career; Vitesse Arnhem, Utrecht and Sporting Lisbon.
3) He signed for Vitesse Arnhem at the age of ten where he played for different youth sides before breaking into the first team.
4) He joined Sporting in the summer of 2011 for a fee of roughly £4 million. He has scored 19 goals in 36 games giving him a slightly better than one in two ratio.
5) He has represented the Netherlands at three different levels; Under-19, Under-21 and senior level. He made his senior debut in a friendly against Ukraine.
A good potential signing Newcastle fans?
image: © mickyb59