Here are the big updates you need to know with just an hour before the window SLAMS SHUT…
DJCAMPBELL UNCHAINED - QPR striker Campbell is close to finalising a move to Blackburn Rovers, having arrived at Ewood Park in the past hour.
DONE - Leeds have signed striker Habib Habibou (which very roughly translates to Mr Lover Lover) on loan from Zuite Waregem until the end of the season.
ODEM-WINGEING - The strangest story of the day continues with Peter Odemwingie still lurking around Loftus Road to try and force a move to QPR. West Brom are not happy about it all, and have denied they have given him permission to speak to the Rs, who have so far refused to let the striker into Loftus Road .
REJECTED - Reports in Spain indicate both Arsenal and Manchester CIty had bids turned down for David Villa today.
MISSED OUT - Apparently Liverpool tried to sign Isaac Cuenca on loan from Barcelona, but the player ended up moving to Ajax.
LOAN EXIT - Everton’s Magaye Gueye is apparently off on loan to French club Brest.
In the pipeline
- Aston Villa are looking bringing in winger Simon Dawkins on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. The 25 year old had been on loan at San Jose Earthquakes.
- John Stones is traveling to Finch Farm for a medical with Everton after rejecting an offer at Wigan Athletic.
- Stoke City are close to completing the signing of goalkeeper Jack Butland. He is likely return to Birmingham City on loan for the rest of the season.
- Tottenham duo Andros Townsend and Jermaine Jenas could all be on their way to QPR. A deal for Jenas is considered the most likely.
Main deals of the day completed
- QPR have completed the biggest Premier League deal of deadline day so far after snapping up Chris Samba for a club record £12.5 million.
- David Beckham has passed his medical and signed a five-month deal with Paris Saint-Germain. He will be donating his salary to a Paris based charity.
- Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu has confirmed that Chelsea and Tottenham transfer target Willian is finalising a £30 million move to Anzhi Makhachkala.
- 29 year old Bulgarian right back Stanislav Manolev has joined fellow compatriot Dimitar Berbatov at Fulham. Manolev has joined on loan, with a view to a permanent move.
- Mario Balotelli has completed his £19 million move from Manchester City and even scored his first goal for the club in a friendly today.
- Danny Graham has left Swansea and signed a £5 million three-and-a-half-year deal with Sunderland.
- Luciano Becchio has completed a move to Norwich with Leeds United receiving Steve Morison in exchange for the Argentine.
- Urby Emanuelson has re-joined former manager at Ajax Martin Jol at Fulham.
- Aston Villa have signed Yacouba Sylla from Clermont Foot.
- Brek Shea has been granted a work permit and completed a £2.5 million move to Stoke City.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alexander Doni has joined Brazilian side Botafogo.
image: © adifansnet