Here are the big updates you need to know…
- David Beckham has passed his medical with Paris Saint-Germain, his representatives have confirmed – there is a press conference to be held by PSG to announce his signing in the next hour. He has agreed personal terms with the Ligue 1 outfit.
- New AC Milan signing Mario Balotelli scored his first goal for his new club in a friendly with Darfo Boario this afternoon.
- OFF! According to the BBC QPR are now no longer confident of signing Peter Crouch from Stoke
- OFF! Sky Sports are reporting that Jore Okore’s agent is ‘certain’ the Nordjaelland defender will remain in Denmark, and will not be making a move to Fulham or any other Premier League club.
- OFF! Fabio Quagliarella's agent has dismissed speculation that his player will make a move from Juventus to Serie A rivals AS Roma, despite his contract expiring next summer.
In the pipeline
- BBC Sport reports that Arsenal are still attempting to bring Cameroon international Gaetan Bong of Valenciennes in the final hour of the transfer window, to cover for Kieran Gibbs who was injured in their 2-2 clash with Liverpool last night.
- QPR are understood to still be interested in signing targets Peter Odemwingie of West Brom, and potentially Jermaine Jenas from Tottenham.
- Bolton Wanderers are thought to be closing in on target Medo Kamara from Partizan Belgrade for an undisclosed fee.
- Chelsea target Willian is understood to be the subject of a bid from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala with a bid over £30 million
- Aston Villa have signed Yacouba Sylla from Clermont Foot. The 22-year-old midfielder has agreed terms on a three-and-a half year contract.
- Stoke have agreed a £5 million fee for the transfer of young Birmingham goalkeeper Jack Butland. The full England international will, however, be loaned back to Birmingham for the remainder of the season as Stoke already have Asmir Begovic and Thomas Sorensen.
- Turkish midfielder Emre Belozoglu has been confirmed to return to former club Fenerbahce, after leaving the club in the opposite direction for Athletico Madrid just over six months ago.
- Barnsley have terminated the contracts of Mido and Lee Collins, releasing both players who are now free agents. Barnsley have signed Stoke’s Rory Delap on loan for the remainder of the season.
- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford is set to return to MK Dons on loan for the remainder of the season to fully recover his fitness and form after a hamstring injury.
image: © mcr_joe