It’s only natural that some of the best youngsters are linked with huge moves but Manchester City have a very good chance of securing Raphael Varane on a long term contract if they decide to go after him.
Here are five key facts about the Real Madrid centre back;
1) He can play on either side in central defence and his height, six feet three inches, gives him a natural advantage in the air. He can also play a holding role in the midfield.
2) He joined Lens at the age of nine-years-old before making a move to Real Madrid in the summer of 2011 for a fee of around ten million Euros.
3) He signed a six-and-a-half year contract with Real Madrid in 2011 and has so far made 17 appearances for the first team with one goal.
4) He’s played for Real Madrid in every major competition the club is involved in; La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey.
5) He’s represented France at three different levels; Under-18, Under-21 and senior level. He is yet to make his senior debut despite being named in squads.
We’d love to hear your thoughts City fans!
image: © katabasis