Do Tottenham need to sign a new goalkeeper? Only as back up to current first choice Hugo Lloris.
Brad Friedel is 41 and although he signed a new contract in December for a year it isn't impossible he ups and leaves if the right offer of first team football comes along, so Spurs need to cover themselves by looking at other options.
Elsewhere Heurelho Gomes is playing for a move away at Hoffenheim, with Carlo Cudicini having left the club for LA Galaxy earlier this year. Cudicini himself left halfway through his contract extension, similar to the one Friedel has just penned.
However it shouldn't be forgotten they have young Jordan Archer, on loan at Wycombe.
The name linked with them is Marco Silvestri, by the Express.
So who is he and what can we tell you about him? Here are five facts about the shot-stopper...
1) Silvestri is 22 and plays for Chievo where he has just over one year remaining on his current contract.
2) He is currently on loan at Padova, a club in sixth place in Serie B.
3) Silvestri appeared once for Italy's under-21 side, back in 2011.
4) Of the six penalties he has faced in his career, he is yet to save a single one.
5) He has conceded just seven goals in 13 matches this season.
Could Silvestri be the man Spurs need? Do they even need another goalkeeper?
image: © ell-r-brown