The Nomura Group is a financial services group comprising Nomura Holdings and its subsidiaries in Japan and overseas. Nomura provides investment and merchant banking services.
Nomura has announced that it has hired Gary Cottle as Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Based in London, he reports to Steve Ashley, Senior Managing Director and Global Head of Fixed Income, and John Phizackerley, CEO, EMEA.
Cottle brings over twenty years of experience to the role, and is an important addition to the fixed income franchise. Most recently, Cottle was a board member at Royal Bank of Scotland’s investment bank, acting as Global Head of Sales for all corporate and government related clients. He was also responsible for global structuring across the markets businesses and served as Chairman of Emerging Markets. His career has also included roles at Morgan Stanley and Barclays Capital.
'The EMEA region is a fundamental part of our global fixed income franchise, demonstrating consistent profitability in the face of challenging market conditions', said Ashley. 'In this key role, Gary will work closely with our global trading and sales heads to expand our client-focused franchise and ensure we fully capture East to West flows'.
Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan.
Products: Financial Services, Securities Services, Investment Management, Investment Banking.
FROM THE WEB
- uk.finance.yahoo.com: Broker snap: Nomura cuts AB Foods to 'reduce'
- Bloomberg: South Africa Risks Losing 145,500 Mine Jobs by 2015, Nomura Says
- Yahoo!: GlaxoSmithKline Pharma hit by Nomura downgrade
- Reuters: MOVES-Nomura, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- Bloomberg: Nomura's McCormack Says SoftBank Ahead in Sprint Deal (Audio)
- Bloomberg: Nomura REIT, Biggest IPO This Year, Falls in Debut: Tokyo Mover
- Bloomberg: Former Paschi Bankers Face Trial Over Hidden Nomura File
- Wall Street Journal: Current Account: Nomura Not Scared by Its Ghosts
- Dealbook: Nomura Adds 6 Bankers to Its Americas Arm
- The Wall Street Journal: Nomura Sole Bookrunnner in Barclays Share Placing - Traders
- Yahoo! News: The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Barclays, Nomura Holdings, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and SLM
- Reuters: Forward Calendar - U.S. corporate bond new issues
- Reuters: China May home price rise highlights policy dilemma
- Reuters: Japan's Nikkei seen rising 51 percent in 2013: Reuters poll
- Yahoo!: Reuters poll: Japan's Nikkei seen rising 51 percent in 2013