Here is a note of 11 things that happened on this day in history
1. 1910 - King Manuel II was overthrown in a revolution and Portugal became a Republic
2. 1919 - Enzo Ferrari debuted in his first car race
3. 1930 - Great Britain's largest dirigible, the R-101 Airship, crashes in Beauvais, France, killing all on board.
4. 1947 - President Harry Truman delivered the first televised Presidential address from the White House
5. 1954 - Bob Geldof (Boomtown Rats) was born
6. 1962 - The Beatles released their first single in the UK - Love Me Do
7. 1969 - Monty Python's Flying Circus made its debut on BBC Television
8. 1994 - The bodies of 48 members of a religious cult are discovered by Swiss police after an apparent mass suicide.
9. 1999 - The small Mexican village of Teziutlan is buried by mud and rocks caused by torrential rains
10. 2000 - Opposition supporters storm the Yugoslav Parliament building and proclaim Vojislav Kostunica as the new President
11. 2001 - Concerns over the threat of a biological attack by terrorists increased when a Florida man died after opening a letter containing anthrax bacteria sent through the US Postal Service