Transfer Talk: Featuring Lopez and Manninger

Spanish Fans

Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool are among the clubs to feature prominently in our round-up.

The transfer rumours have ramped up a notch in recent days, here is a round-up of all the latest.

Arsenal are being linked with a double swoop for the Spanish pair of Fernando Llorente and Adrian Lopez. The Mail report that Arsene Wenger has agreed with fans who feel he is still light in the striking department, reliant on just Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski. Llorente has just one year remaining on his contract, and has fallen out with Bilbao coach Marcelo Bielsa. Adrian Lopez is currently impressing with Atletico Madrid and the Gunners were said to have considered him over the summer.

The paper add that Arsenal are also considering Swansea stopper Michel Vorm, in case Vito Mannone does not renew his contract and decides to move back to Italy at the end of the season.

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Alex Manninger is currently on trial with Everton. The Austrian goalkeeper is a free agent after leaving Juventus in the summer where he spent four seasons. At 35 he appears still to be up for the challenge of another crack at the Premier League.

Another Everton trialist, Thomas Hitzlsperger is said to be impressing in his bid to earn a contract at the club, according to coach Alan Stubbs. The 30-year-old has suffered with injuries in recent seasons but remains a great talent. He played 90 minutes as an overage player for the club's under-21s against Norwich on Monday.

Nemanja Vidic's agent has moved to quell reports the Serbian is being lined up by Juventus in the January transfer window. The Manchester United defender is currently recuperating from a knee setback, and had been linked with a switch to the Italian champions.

Liverpool are said to be readying a bid for Genoa defender Andreas Granqvist. The Swede was scouted by the club at the weekend in their 1-1 draw with Palermo and the Reds are said to be preparing a £6 million offer.

And finally, former Arsenal and West Ham attacker Luis Boa Morte has signed for...Chesterfield. The 35-year-old was out of contract, and had been training recently with Fulham to get fit. Chesterfield fans last night described him as a 'worldy' signing on Twitter.

image: © amg lincuden

Register for ARSENAL team updates

Register for EVERTON team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch