Liverpool have been linked with a move for Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz. The 27-year-old only joined the Turkish giants this summer but reports have emanated linking The Reds with a £13million bid for him in January.
So who is he?
1. Burak was born in Antalya and started his career with hometown club Antalyaspor in 1998.
2. He scored his first professional goal in 2004 against Karsiyaka, helping his hometown club to promotion before signing for Besiktas.
3. He won the Turkish Cup during his spell at the club but was used in part-exchange for Slovakian forward Filip Holosko as he signed for Manisaspor.
4. His spell with the Tarzan’s was short-lived after an impressive six months he again moved to Istanbul with Fenerbahce.
5. His spell at Fener was a disaster, playing 16 times without scoring; it also included an equally disappointing loan spell at Eskisehirspor where he only mustered two goals in 17 appearances.
6. His career finally got back on track following a move to Trabzonspor in 2010. He managed to score 19 goals in 30 league games as The Black Sea Storm finished as runners-up in the Super Lig.
7. Last season was his breakout season as he fired home an incredible 34 goals in 41 appearances in all competitions to earn a move to Galatasaray.
8. Upon completing his move he became only the second player to have played for Turkey’s four biggest clubs Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas and Trabzonspor.
9. He has been a regular with Turkey’s youth teams playing through the age groups since under-17 level.
10. He finally scored his first goal for Turkey in June last year against Belgium, five years after his international debut. He currently has six goals from 18 appearances.
Here he is in action…
Not sure about the winter gloves but otherwise, he looks a born finisher.
image: © nathan17