Asker midfielder Vajebah Sakor has emerged as one of Europes top talents. The 16-year-old has represented Rosenborg in this seasons NextGen Series and been one of the tournaments stand-out performers. So just who is he?
Many Premier League clubs have been linked with Norwegian talent Vajebah Sakor in recent weeks. The 16-year-old sensation is reportedly being pursued by several teams including Manchester City and Liverpool; however Arsenal are considered the favourites in the pursuit of his signature.
He currently plays for Asker in Norway’s lower leagues and the clubs sporting director Espen Falck admitted that they are on the verge of letting him go but insists teams from abroad will have to move soon for his services:
“We know that there is a lot of interest in Vajebah but we are yet to receive a concrete offer from abroad. We know he is wanted by a lot of clubs in Europe. Any interested clubs will have to move fast as he is set to leave us soon.”
Here are five quick facts about the talented midfielder …
1. Sakor is the youngest ever player to appear in Norway’s second tier. He made his debut in the Adeccoligaen for Asker when he was 15-years-old. He went on to feature in eight first-team matches before the end of the season.
2. He once scored eight goals in one fixture against Heggedal IL in a youth team match.
3. In March this year he trained with Italian giants AC Milan. He then went on to gain experience at the youth team of FC Copenhagen.
4. This year he has represented Rosenborg in the NextGen Series as part of a loan programme to develop his talent. He has helped RBK emerge as one of the tournaments biggest surprise packages and scored against Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan.
5. He has represented Norway at under-16 level; captaining the side from the heart of midfield.
He has been described as the ‘best player at that age’ in Norway and with AC Milan and Rosenborg looking to follow up their interest in the combative midfielder any Premier League team interested will have to move swiftly to tie him down to their club.
Here he is in action for Norway scoring the first goal...
image: © xoiram42