Last week we brought you a profile of French club Toulouse who are fast become the most coveted side in European football. With Etienne Capoue a reported continent-wide transfer target, Moussa Sissoko on the radar of Newcastle United and Everton said to be interested in Wissam Ben Yedder it seemed they have a fight on their hands to keep their star players.
Arsenal have also been linked with several of their more talented performers especially those at the back. Aymen Abdennour and Cheikh M’Bengue were the two players who had been declared Arsenal targets earlier in the year and now French sources suggest Arsenal could be after 19-year-old right back Serge Aurier.
So what can we tell you about him?
1. Serge Aurier was born in Ouragahio in the Ivory Coast and will turn 20 on Christmas Eve.
2. His first club was French amateur side Villepinte of Seine-Saint-Denis where he played until he was 13-years-old.
3. In 2006 he signed for Racing Club Lens of Ligue 1 along with his brother Christopher who is still currently at RC Lens.
4. Serge was transformed from a defensive midfielder to a powerful full-back during his time at RC Lens.
5. He helped Lens win the under-18 championship and became captain of the reserve team during his time at the club.
6. He made his Ligue 1 debt against Saint Etienne in December 2009; just two days shy of his 17th birthday keeping future French international Dmitri Payet quiet throughout.
7. After cementing himself as a regular at Lens he left the club in January 2012 as they struggled to fight for promotion back to Ligue 1; signing for Toulouse.
8. This season he has been a regular choice in the first-team at the Pink City club; playing 14 times.
9. He is yet to feature internationally for either France or Ivory Coast despite offers from both as he carefully considers his international allegiance.
10. He has previously been linked with the likes of Manchester City, Sunderland, Fulham, Lazio and Getafe.
Would you like to see Arsenal bring in another right-back?
image: © wonker