Wigan Athletic have all but wrapped up a deal to sign midfielder Roger Espinoza.
Wigan Athletic have sealed a deal for Honduran international Roger Espinoza, after a work permit hearing was approved yesterday.
The deal will go through on January 1. He becomes Wigan's second Honduran, joining teammate Maynor Figueroa.
Roberto Martinez said:"He has been developing into an exciting footballer over the last three seasons in the MLS."
So what can we tell you about the midfielder? Here are five facts about him...
1) Espinoza is 26-years-old and has just finished his third season in the MLS with Sporting Kansas City.
2) He became a professional footballer after graduating through the American college system, being selected as a draft pick by Kansas City.
3) He has already played in England, as part of the Honduran Olympic team this summer which got to the quarter-finals against Brazil. He scored a goal and was sent off in that match at St James Park.
4) Espinoza is a defensive midfielder, and not especially known for his goalscoring. In 112 matches in the MLS he scored just two goals, providing seven assists.
5) He is more well known for his battling and combative play. Espinoza has been sent off eight times in his career so far.
Watch this fascinating report on how Espinoza made it to the top...
Has Martinez found another gem? Is Espinoza what Wigan need?