The Olympique Lyonnais and French international full-back has been mooted as a potential transfer target for Harry Redknapp. What can we tell you about him?
Harry Redknapp has been linked with the signature of French international defender Anthony Reveillere from Olympique Lyonnais so what can we tell you about him?
Here are his vital statistics…
1. He started his youth career at Stade Omnisports Vihiersois before moving on to the youth academy at Angers in 1992.
2. He left Angers at the age of 19 to join Stade Rennes of Britanny where he made his professional debut in 1998 against SC Bastia.
3. He went on to become a regular at the club which resulted in a loan deal at Spanish outfit Valencia in 2003.
4. After returning from Spain he signed for Lyon in 2003 where he has since gone on to play over 350 games.
5. His time at Lyon has been extremely fruitful. He has won 12 pieces of domestic silverware during his time at the club.
6. In August last year he was on the verge of signing for Paris Saint-Germain but failed his medical in regards to a previous serious knee injury sustained in 2008; against PSG.
7. He participated for the French national team at youth level including during a runner-up place at the Under-21 Euros in 2002 where he featured with fellow future internationals Philippe Mexes, Sidney Govou and Julien Escude.
8. He has since gone on to play 20 games for Les Bleus scoring one goal against Albania in October 2011.
9. He was named in the Ligue 1 team of the year in 2011.
10. Despite being predominantly a right-back he is also equally adept at left-back and has played at either position for large portions of his successful career.
Lyon are currently struggling to keep up with the hefty bills that are a consequence of a lengthy process in building a new stadium. With Reveillere’s contract expiring in the summer they have already decided to let the player leave during his testimonial year in order to trim his hefty wages from the bill so therefore he could be available at a cut-price.
Considering the quality and hard-working attitude he would bring to the team; not to mention his versatility across the back line he would represent a truly massive coup for QPR and Redknapp if they could convince him to line up for the Premier League strugglers.
Would you like to see Anthony Reveillere at Loftus Road?
image: © korobukkuru