With the news that Gordon Strachan has been hired as the new manager of Scotland, the world waits in anticipation for some more pearls of wisdom from one of the most straight-talking personalities in football.
Here are ten of my personal favourites….
10) Reporter: “Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?”
Strachan: “Not telling you! It's a secret.”
9) Gary Lineker: “So Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you play?”
Strachan: “If I was English I'd top myself!”
8) Reporter: “So Gordon, any changes then?”
Strachan: “No, still 5ft 6, ginger and a big nose!”
7) Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"
6) Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
5) Reporter: "What is your impression of Jermaine Pennant?"
Strachan: "I don't do impressions."
4) Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
Strachan: "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"
3) Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."
2) Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there.”
1) Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).
image: © Ronnie Macdonald