Four days down, 27 to go until the Transfer Window opens. Here are the top five stories from today's gossip mongering tabloids.
1) The Daily Mail have some quite sensational Arsenal transfer gossip - their Insider column claims Aaron Ramsey is being scouted by Barcelona ahead of a move next summer. They better get the chequebook out though, Arsene Wenger said last weekend that he would not sell even for £50 million. Or do they have a trump card? The same column writes Arsenal have not ruled out bringing back Cesc Fabregas to the club next summer. A swap deal sounds too far-fetched to us, and Arsenal certainly won't be selling Ramsey, but if Fabregas decides he wants to leave, there is only one destination for him, and sorry David Moyes it won't be Manchester United.
2) A most bizarre transfer rumour has also been leaving confusion in it's wake today. Reports Manchester United want to swap Antonio Valencia and Nani with Galatasaray's Wesley Sneijder, were carried by The Express. Nani signed a new contract just months ago, and while whisperings continue about his future, links with Dutch maestro Sneijder simply make us feel we have been transported back to 2011. The Mirror report tonight that United are plotting the exit of Anderson and Ashley Young in January.
3) We reported at the weekend how Monaco's vice-president stated Radamel Falcao is not going anywhere this January, but speculation continues. Reports in Spain surfaced yesterday stating the player is keen to move, potentially stirred by pro-Real Madrid media, with it said he is unhappy he is earning less than he believed he signed up for due to tax. The Star now report that Chelsea could be willing to solve the dispute between club and player by offering to sign him on a loan deal. Yes, really. We think any request will be laughed off by Monaco.
4) Pepe Reina seems to be linked with Barcelona every week, but now the goalkeeper has broken his silence on the rumours, claiming he would 'love' to make the switch, report SkySports. He is currently on loan at Napoli, and Barcelona will have to negotiate a fee with the Reds before a deal can be completed as he has three years left on his deal.
5) 32-year-old Dimitar Berbatov has kicked Fulham while they are down, by revealing ahead of their game with Tottenham that he wants to quit the club, via his agent. Anybody who has had the misfortune to watch his half-hearted performances this season will realise this will be no loss for the club, as there is clearly no point having a de-motivated player leading the line. A Premier League switch is unlikely, with Turkish side Trabzonspor already putting themselves forward.
image: © Ines11thiago