Liverpool have now dropped out of the top four, while Chelsea remain two points off of table-toppers Arsenal.
Detailed below are five interesting stats from the encounter at Stamford Bridge:
1. Liverpool's Skrtel made 14 clearances in front of keeper Simon Mignolet, but finished the contest without having put in a single tackle.
2. Liverpool's Raheem Sterling completed six dribbles over the 90 minutes, two-thirds of the entire Chelsea team’s total of nine.
3. Each side committed 17 fouls on the day; Chelsea received four yellow cards, Liverpool one.
4. Eto’o’s strike still means that Chelsea strikers have accounted for just four of the 16 goals the team scored in all competitions in December.
5. Oscar completed only 70% of his passes (30 of 43), the lowest ratio of any Chelsea player besides substitute Fernando Torres and goalkeeper Petr Cech.
What stats stood out for you in Chelsea's win over Liverpool?
image: © Crystian Cruz