Transfer Clock: 42 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) Manchester City are considering a deal for Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross, report The Mail. Shawcross, a former Manchester United trainee, would replace Joleon Lescott at the club who will be a free agent in the summer. Shawcross is valued at around £12 million by Stoke, with Newcastle also claimed to be interested. Stoke boss Mark Hughes is expected to fight to try to keep Shawcross from joining the club he once managed.
2) Everton are eyeing two deals for next season, including the return of Jack Rodwell from Manchester City, report The Mirror. City may attempt to resist the move due to concerns over the number of English players in their squad, with James Milner also said to want out. The second star on Everton's wishlist is for Lacina Traore to return on loan, having had his chances cut short by injury after his switch. Their chances may depend on his owners Monaco's own transfer business this summer.
3) Eliaquim Mangala stated yesterday he would prefer a move to Chelsea over Manchester City, but The Guardian this evening claim Jose Mourinho has no interest in the defender. The Porto centre-back is rated at £30 million, and Mourinho's stance hints at his faith in impending arrival Kurt Zouma. The decision opens the door for Manchester City, who also remain keen on his teammate Fernando.
4) Liverpool and Newcastle are both monitoring West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, report The Mirror. Diame spoke last month about hoping he was still on the club's wanted list, and is keen to test himself at a higher level, with just a year remaining on his Hammers contract. Liverpool are keen on signing a defensive midfielder with Lucas Leiva falling out of favour. We predict they may have more ambitious plans than the Senegalese international, and may just be keeping tabs on him as a bargain fall-back option.
5) Last season's West Brom loanee Matej Vydra is keen on a Premier League return, but wants a permanent move. The young striker was on loan at Watford a year earlier from Udinese, and told reporters in Croatia that he wants to settle at a club rather than having to re-adjust each season. He said he has offers from England and Germany, but staying in the Premier League is his priority.