Cardiff City have sealed a move for the 32-year-old striker from Real Valladolid.
Guerra will now lead the line for Cardiff in the Championship next season, and is set to be the first of several new arrivals in the Welsh capital.
But what will the Spaniard bring to the club? And what has he achieved so far in his career? Here are a few notable facts about Javi Guerra:
1) Guerra averaged just under a goal every two games for Real Valladolid, scoring 72 goals in 149 appearances. A good goal-ratio that could see him thrive in the Championship.
2) The Spaniard spent three years in the Valencia B team, but only made two appearances for the first-team squad.
3) Guerra is experienced in winning promotion to the top-flight in Spain, having helped fire Valladolid into La Liga back in 2012.
4) The striker, just as his new club did in the Premier League this season, suffered relegation with Valladolid this season, finishing 19th in La Liga.
5) Football runs in the Guerra family, with the strikers brother also having made his living in the lower Spanish league.
Guerra is certainly a proven goal-scorer at top-flight and lower levels in Spain, and will be looking to apply his experience to help lift Cardiff back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.
The Spaniard could be joined in attack next season by Lewis Grabban, after the Bluebirds had a bid in excess of £3million accepted by Bournemouth.
The signing is one that has certainly brought a lot of optimism to Cardiff as they seek to find an out-and-out goal-scorer that they lacked in the Premier League. Guerra has all the credentials to be a success, as the club look to rebuild following their torrid season.
Will Javi Guerra be a success at Cardiff City?