Arsenal have reportedly brought in another player from Barcelona's academy, so what do the fans need to know about him?
Arsenal have reportedly signed Georgios Spanoudakis from Barcelona.
The 15-year-old midfielder – who has been dubbed by some as “the next Xavi” – has moved to the Gunners’ academy.
For those Arsenal fans wanting to know a little more about their latest arrival, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Born in Greece in 1998, Spanoudakis is also eligible to play for Germany, and has represented the latter at both under-15 and under-16 level, making five appearances to date.
2) The player previously played for Frankfurt before moving to Barcelona’s famous La Masia academy in 2009.
3) Spanoudakis plays predominantly as a central midfielder; however he can also operate as a defensive midfielder when required.
4) The player has reportedly turned down Arsenal more than once in the past. However, he now looks set to join up with their under-18 squad, following in the footsteps of other ex-Barca players such as Cesc Fabregas and Hector Bellerin.
5) The player is famed for his passing ability, and is said to have modelled his game on some of the best in Europe, including his new Arsenal teammate Mesut Ozil.
Do you think Spanoudakis will ultimately make it into the Arsenal first-team?