So far this summer, Southampton have seen Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert leave the club for pastures new, but the Saints chairman has promised that the rebuild is underway.
In a series of interviews on Tuesday afternoon, Krueger told fans that funds that were raised from the sale of the above players would be reinvested back into the club in the form of both transfer fees and salaries.
“Over the next few weeks we will have players coming in and we will make transfers to strengthen the squad. Our plan is to get the right deals and the right players," Krueger said.
"We know that we’re going the right way, but we also know that he needs more players and that we need more depth in our line-up."
"It’s not about getting them in today or tomorrow, but about getting in the right players and the right deals that fit the way Ronald wants to play and the way we want to play. We want to continue to play attractive football at Southampton, and we want to give them the players that are necessary."
Although the Saints chairman was unwilling to commit to naming any timescale for arrivals, he did state his belief that multiple deals were now very close, with reports linking the club to Celtic duo Fraser Forster and Virgil van Dijk, as well as Argentina left-back Marcos Rojo.
"I believe that we are very close to a few deals," Krueger revealed.
"We are working as quickly as possible to make that a fact, but I don’t like to speak in definites when I don’t know them. People need to realise that we are in a process and the match is far from over."
Southampton face Liverpool on the opening day of the season on Sunday the 17th of August.
Can Southampton survive the exodus of 2014?