South coast latest: Saints could sell another player; Brighton to sign trio

Southampton Football Club

Today's south coast latest bring you news from Southampton, Brighton & Hove Albion, Bournemouth and Portsmouth.

Bayern Munich to make shock move for Southampton keeper

According to the Telegraph, Southampton could be about to sell their sixth player this summer in the form of Polish goalkeeper Artur Boruc.

The Pole is, according to the report, on the radar of Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, who are searching for a backup to Manuel Neuer.

Two Spanish keepers, Victor Valdes and Pepe Reina have also been linked but shot-stoppers of their ability are unlikely to want to play second fiddle to arguably the best goalkeeper in the world right now.

Bayern have reportedly already made contact with Boruc, who has only a year remaining on his contract at St Mary's stadium.

His future has been in doubt anyway as Southampton have been negotiating with Celtic over a deal to sign England international keeper Fraser Forster.

Brighton expected to make three new signings before season opener

A trio of new signings are expected to arrive at the Amex Stadium before next Saturday's Championship opener at home to Watford.

Sam Baldock, Adam Clayton and Stephen Ward have all been earmarked as the Seagulls look to spend the record £8million fee they received from Leicester City for Argentinian forward Leo Ulloa.

The Argus states the club have been chasing the trio during the majority of pre-season and whilst they have struggled to negotiate deals for all three, the report claims their arrivals are imminent.

Bristol City's Baldock is a versatile striker who can operate up top or on the wing, and Clayton, who plays for Huddersfield, is a central midfielder capable of playing deep or behind the front-man.

Ward had an impressive season-long loan at Brighton last year making 44 appearances and scoring 4 goals.

New Bournemouth striker bags hat-trick in preseason friendly win

Callum Wilson scored his first ever Cherries hat-trick in their 4-1 pre-season thumping of Oxford United yesterday.

The £2.25million signing from Coventry City opened his account just before the break putting Bournemouth into a 2-1 lead, before slotting away a 79th minute penalty and completing his hat-trick late on with a tap in.

Bournemouth have been showing they have what it takes to push for promotion during pre-season with wings over Portsmouth, Premier League side Swansea City and Oxford yesterday.

They kick-off their Championship campaign next weekend away at Huddersfield.

Portsmouth youngster says club ready for new season

Pompey start their League Two season away at Exeter City next weekend and 19-year-old defender Adam Webster believes the side are more than ready for the season ahead.

After Pompey's 2-1 friendly defeat to Championship side Charlton yesterday he told the club's official website:

“It was a good work-out for the whole team, I think we produced a decent performance against a side who are two leagues above us.

“Bournemouth kept the ball well on Tuesday night, while Charlton are a bit more direct. But it’s good to play these different sides because it’s getting us ready for the new season.

“We’re all feeling excited and there’s great morale in the changing room. Everyone’s looking forward to the first game.

“I’ve seen a few players come and go since I’ve been at the club, but all the lads here now get on really well.”

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch