Roberto Martinez hints at more Everton signings

Roberto Martinez

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has hinted that his summer spending may not be over yet.

The Toffees have been active in the transfer market so far, spending over £30 million on the likes of Romelu Lukaku, David Henen, Muhamed Besic and Brendan Galloway.

Gareth Barry was signed on a free transfer, while Christian Atsu has joined from Chelsea on a season-long loan deal.

Everton have also extended the contracts of Ross Barkley and John Stones with the promising youngsters putting pen to paper on respective four-year and five-year deals.

Lukaku arrived from Chelsea for around £28m as the Blues smashed their transfer record to land the powerful Belgium international, while Bosnian midfielder Besic was brought from Ferencvaros for £4m.

Martinez has explained that he is more than happy with the business he and chairman Bill Kenwright have done so far this transfer window, but the former Wigan Athletic boss has said that he is still keeping an eye out for potential deals.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, he said: “When you have the window open, making more signings is always something you are going to look into and consider.

“But I am more focused on the group of players we have being fully fit and fully sharp. And then if anything comes along then we will come into it.

“But we’ve done the majority of business we intended to do so from this point of view we are quite happy.”

Everton began their Premier League campaign with a 2-2 draw away to Leicester City on Saturday afternoon.

SEE ALSO: Former Liverpool star: This youngster will have ‘a fantastic season’

Aiden McGeady opened the scoring for the Blues, before Leonardo Ulloa netted on his debut for the Foxes.

Steven Naismith regained the lead for his side with a smart finish, but the Toffees failed to hold on as Chris Wood grabbed a late equaliser for Nigel Pearson's side.

Do Everton need to sign more players?

Register for EVERTON team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch